CHARTER IN SPAIN
- yacht registered under a EU-Flag with the authorization by the Flag-State to be chartered;
- The Operator must be VAT- registered in Spain;
- Prior to starting chartering in Spain, there has to be reached an exemption for the Spanish matriculation tax and a Spanish charter licence is required;
- The applicable rate is 21% for charter parties for private use starting in Spain;
- VAT-exemption does not apply to the charter price;
- Tax-free bunkering only available on mainland;
- A monthly filing against the Spanish VAT –authorities is required;
- There is none Spanish VAT to be paid for charter parties starting from other EU member states;
- Spanish VAT applies in prorate basis in time for charter parties coming in from non EU countries.
- not available on the Balearic Islands;
- Available in some regions of the mainland .